Getting the most out of a CRM is of the utmost importance for the functionality of any business, which bodes the question – are Tableau and Salesforce integration possible, and if so, how do you go about it?
The good news is that it’s possible to integrate Tableau into Salesforce.
You will need to use the Tableau Viz Lightning web component available via the Salesforce AppExchange. Once installed, it’s just a case of dragging and dropping the component into Salesforce, and the two systems will integrate.
Read on for detailed instructions on how to integrate Tableau and Salesforce and to learn some handy tips for using the software.
How to Integrate Tableau and Salesforce?
Integrating Tableau and Salesforce is relatively straightforward, and you can do so by following the simple steps listed below:
- Go to the Salesforce AppExchange and install the Tableau Viz Lightning Web Component in your Salesforce.org.
- Once installed, you can use the component to add a Tableau view to the Lightning Experience pages.
- To do this, launch the app and select the page you wish to embed in Tableau Visualization. Then, edit the page and drag the Tableau Visualization component from the custom area of the app.
- Select which Tableau view to display by providing the required URL. You can find the URL on the Tableau Server by clicking “share.”
Tableau and Salesforce should now be fully integrated and work as one software type.
If you have any issues with the integration, you should visit the Tableau help desk for troubleshooting or speak to a customer service representative.
What are the Benefits of Integration?
Many companies choose Tableau and Salesforce integration to manage their data. After all, Salesforce is the world’s leading CRM, and Tableau provides exceptional data visualization for customer and product management.
Salesforce and Tableau integration is valuable because the latter enables users to analyze and read data insights within the CRM process quickly.
After the two companies’ merger, Salesforce and Tableau integrate seamlessly, providing an exceptional user experience.
Following integration, you are likely to find that your team sees an improvement in productivity and decision-making while knowledge sharing within your organization becomes seamless.
Ultimately, there are many benefits to integrating Tableau and Salesforce, and it helps you get the most out of your CRM.
What’s the Purpose of Tableau in Salesforce?
Tableau provides the broadest and deepest analytics within Salesforce, enabling your company to grow as your data strategy changes over time. Central to the functionality of Tableau is Einstien, Salesforce’s industry-leading AI, which slots seamlessly into your CRM.
What’s more, Tableau’s calculation builder enables you to look at and engage with your data in different ways without the need for complex IT solutions or data engineering involvement.
In other words, it makes data much more accessible to everyone within your company.
Therefore, Tableau saves your employees time and effort in pulling and preparing critical customer data, which can ultimately drive your business forward.
This is why integration is such an important step for businesses that currently use Salesforce.
What Products Can You Access Through Tableau?
Another great thing about Tableau is that you can access a range of products within your CRM, depending on the needs and objectives of your business. For instance, the different tableau products available include:
- Data Management: Combine the different data flows within your business, cataloging them in a way that makes sense to your employees.
- Desktop: Access and analyze your data with the help of an intuitive drag-and-drop interface.
- Prep Builder: Employ a modern approach to data preparation with Tableau’s prep builder.
- Cloud: Tableau Cloud is an easy-to-use self-service platform to prepare and publish your data.
- Server: Perfect for analytics at scale, the Tableau server gives you the freedom to empower your organization with reliable, secure data.
It’s up to you which of the Tableau products you decide to integrate with Salesforce, and you can make the decision based on your organization’s data requirements.
An effective way could be to create a B2B lead generation system, that features both SF and tableau to streamline a system for onboarding new customers.
Is Tableau Free with Salesforce?
The cost of Tableau depends on how you plan to use it, as well as the products you sign up for. For instance, Tableau Reader and Tableau Public are free products.
However, to get full functionality from Tableau, you must sign up for a creator license.
A viewer license costs $12 per month per user. To access Prep Builder and Desktop, you will need to upgrade to a creative license costing $70 per user per month.
Given Tableau’s level of data visualization, it’s undoubtedly a worthwhile expense for your business, particularly if you’re looking to get the most out of your CRM.
A Straight Forward Integration Process
Integrating Tableau with your CRM is straightforward as a Salesforce product, and it’s a matter of installing the Tableau Viz Lightning Web Component from the Salesforce Exchange App.
Once installed, Tableau provides exceptional data visualization and can be a real asset to your business, with various products and features available to all users.