When it comes to streaming, one of the most important decisions you’ll make is what software to use. One of the most popular options for streaming is XSplit. But is XSplit free? In this article, we’ll answer that question and more.
XSplit is available in free and premium versions; the free version has certain limitations, such as a watermark on output videos. The premium version removes these restrictions and offers other features, such as support for higher audio quality and more scenes.
In this article, we’ll closely examine the free and commercial versions of XSplit to help you decide which one is right for you.
What Can You Do with XSplit Free?
XSplit is a program that streamers use to record or stream gameplay, and the free version provides enough features for most people.
The main limitation with free is that your streams will have a watermark overlay, and it’s supposed to be for non-commercial use only.
XSplit’s free version is a great way to get started with live streaming, but it can only be presented to a maximum of four scenes and can’t be broadcast simultaneously to different streaming platforms.
The Virtual Camera feature can only be used for presentations and can’t access other features such as the audio source, stream delay, projector, preview editor, and video camera.
Despite these limitations, XSplit’s free version is a great way to start live streaming, mainly because it’s user-friendly.
- Capture your content in stunning high resolution with a watermark.
- Record and live stream to up to 240 FPS for smooth playback.
- Add scene transitions, sources, and extensions to get the most out of your content.
- Split mode allows you to show two different scenes at the same time.
- Publish directly to YouTube (then promote with Tubics?), Facebook Live, and Twitch.
- Mono audio sound output.
You can use it to create presentations, or you can use it to stream content to a single platform. If you need more features or want to use your content commercially, you can upgrade to one of XSplit’s paid versions.
Is a Paid Licence of XSplit Worth it?
If you are a serious streamer, a paid license is worth it.
The features you get with “premium” allow you to produce a much higher-quality stream without an annoying watermark overlay which can look amateurish.
Some of the extra features (on top of free) you get with XSplit Broadcaster Premium include:
- Skype Video Camera Integration: XSplit can use your Skype webcam to add live video to your broadcasts, making for an even more engaging experience for your viewers.
- Audio Source Control: With XSplit, you have total control over the audio sources used in your broadcast. Depending on your broadcasting, you can select individual sources or choose from various presets.
- Local Streaming: If you want to stream from a location that’s not connected to the internet, XSplit lets you do that.
- Stream Delay: Delay your stream, so you have time to prepare between takes, no problem! XSplit has got you covered there too.
- Multiple Broadcast Services: With XSplit Premium, you can simultaneously broadcast to various streaming services – including Twitch, YouTube Gaming, and more – all at once.
If you are starting, the free version allows you to learn how to use XSplit without spending any money.
Once you are ready to move to a paid license, the cost is $100 for a lifetime deal or around $7.50 for a month’s access.
The bottom line is that XSplit is an excellent tool for live streaming and recording gameplay. Even Unity Software-developed 3d games can be recorded in high quality.
Where Can I Find Help with Using XSplit?
There are a few different ways that you can get help with using XSplit. The first is to visit the XSplit website and check the tutorials section.
This section has a range of guides that will help you to learn how to use XSplit, from introductory tutorials for beginners to more advanced tutorials for experienced users.
Another way to get help is to visit the XSplit forums (a subreddit.) The platform is a great place to ask questions and find solutions to problems.
You can also search through past topics to find information that may be relevant to your question.
Another place where you can get help with using XSplit is YouTube. Several channels have videos about using XSplit, from basic introductions to more in-depth tutorials.
Finally, you can contact the XSplit support team via chat if you need help using XSplit.
The support team can help you with everyday issues, from setting up your account to solving problems with your broadcast.
Free Alternatives XSplit?
There are a few free alternatives to XSplit, one of the most popular paid streaming software programs. One such free program is OBS or Open Broadcaster Software.
OBS is a reasonably user-friendly program with a wide range of customization options, making it a good choice for streamers of all experience levels.
OBS is available for Windows, Mac, and Linux operating systems.
Another popular free streaming software program is Streamlabs OBS.
This program is also very user-friendly and customizable, with a wide range of built-in features and integrations. Streamlabs OBS is available for Windows and Mac operating systems.
Are You Ready To Start Streaming?
Now that you know a little more about the different options for streaming software, you can make an informed decision about which program is right for you.
Thankfully for newbies, XSplit is free and offers a feature-packed non-paid-for version that is perfect for those just starting in the world of live streaming.
OBS and Streamlabs OBS are both excellent free alternatives to XSplit, while XSplit Broadcaster Premium offers a range of features that may appeal to streamers who want to take their broadcasts to the next level.